Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> The Kraken Wakes...

This Page

has been moved to new address

The Kraken Wakes...

Wednesday 26 October 2011

(Not so) Good to Talk
You ain't fucking kidding
Look, if you're going to drag your kids to the park can you not leave it up to dull fucks like me to keep an eye on them? Every frigging time I'm in the park with Kraken Junior I find myself surrounded by screeching offspring being dutifully ignored by their phone-adoring parents. Yeah, there are only so many times you can watch your first born tackling the slide before you want to stab yourself in the gonads but c'mon, will you?
Today, I saw one guy texting with one hand while guiding his kid up a ladder with the other. Then, while still engrossed in his LMFHOs and LOLs, said kid ran off only for him to panic over this disappearance when he bothered to look minutes later. Put the phone down you dull fuck!
Take the last time I took Kraken Junior to the swings. Parents sat with their backs to their toddlers while taking phone calls, young kids legged it while parents texted... and you know what I did? I spent my time helping kids I don't know and will never see again, saving them from getting hit by swings, stopping them from tripping on ladders and asking them if they were OK when they stood sobbing after falling, all alone because their parents were ignoring them. 
Look, being a parent can be a complete and utter fucker. And yeah, other shit creeps in and takes over sometimes but Jesus, are these people for real? Sadly, yeah.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home